The Good and the Bad of Invisible Dog Fence
As a dog owner, you must be prepared to protect your pet at all times. What better it is to ensure your dog’s safety with an invisible dog fence? This type of fence pertains to the wireless dog fence system. Before making the final decision, there is a need to look into the good and downsides of this system.
There are several advantages to an invisible dog fence, and this includes the following:
- Ease of maintenance
- Cheaper because it doesn’t involve the construction of a visible or physical fence
- You have full control as to the size of the area where your pet can roam around
- The collar has a switch where you can adjust the ‘shocks’ to avoid pain or injuries
Since there is no physical fence, maintenance is not a problem. Even if you have a big yard, you can limit safe zone where your dog can stay protected and out of mischief.
If there are good things about the invisible dog fence, there are also potential downsides, such as:
- The pain threshold can vary among dogs, so you have to train your pet to ensure the efficacy of the invisible fence
- Intelligent dogs can cross the invisible barrier
- Other animals can still enter the premises because the ‘shocks’ only apply to your pet
- It might be difficult to troubleshoot problems if something goes wrong
Passersby won’t know that you have installed an invisible dog fence, and they might be scared to see a dog running loose on the yard. If you want, you can put up a sign that says there is an invisible dog fence to lessen their worries.
Dogs can be trained to stay in the safe zone. In places where fences are not allowed, or you simply don’t want to have unsightly fences, the solution is getting invisible dog fence. Fences require maintenance, and for busy people, this isn’t convenient.
If you decide to invest on an invisible dog fence, it is better to shop around. This can help you find the perfect system that can meet your needs and requirements. You have to keep in mind that the fence system you choose should consider the disposition, size, and dog class. Finding an appropriate fence system is necessary for the protection of your pet, your family, and other people. The information provided above can help you find the best deals.